People who suffer from pain usually try many methods to relieve their symptoms. Some receive prescription medications from their doctor, while others prefer alternatives like massage or acupuncture. However, they may want to consider using cannabidiols (CBD) to treat the pain.
This natural form of pain management has gained traction over the past few years. Furthermore, a recent Forbes health survey noted that 60% of U.S. adults who use CBD products do so for the potential pain-relieving effects.
Before taking this route, there are many things to consider, including how to use CBD effectively and safely. Continue reading here for more details on how it could be the answer to alleviating your pain:
Which Types Of Pain Could CBD Treat?
Various things can cause pain in the body. Most commonly, people will have different conditions or ailments they want to relieve. At times, the pain could also be challenging to manage, depending on its cause.
Products similar to CBG Muscle Frost Pain Roller could help those with muscle pain, though many other conditions could benefit from CBD products. Some of the other ailments may include:
- Joint pain in arthritic conditions
- Headaches or migraines
- Autoimmune diseases like Fibromyalgia
- Nerve pain from conditions like diabetes
- Back and neck pain
- Sports injuries like sprained ankles
Whether muscle spasms or inflammation causes the pain, CBD could counteract the cause. Moreover, it may improve a person’s quality of life, giving them more energy to go about their day.
How Does CBD Work To Relieve Pain?
Cannabidiol is a non-psychoactive, natural compound. Also, it doesn’t cause the ‘high’ people expect from other marijuana products. Thus, it remains a potent substance for managing pain without mind-altering effects.
The body has its endocannabinoid system, consisting of different receptors and chemical messengers called neurotransmitters. Additionally, they help regulate various bodily functions, including inflammation and pain.
Cannabidiol could slow down the body’s endocannabinoids, causing them to stay active and thus regulate the different processes more effectively.
What CBD Methods Work Best For Pain?
Not everyone will enjoy the same pain relief method; luckily, CBD comes in various forms. Topical applications could work best for pain conditions closer to the skin, while vaping, smoking, or ingesting it could provide internal relief.
Below is more information on these popular methods of using CBD:
- Apply Topically
People can rub CBD oils, creams, lotions, or gels onto their skin directly over the painful area. This method is quick and easy to apply. However, it could be cumbersome when in public or at work. Nevertheless, the person can apply it in a few simple steps, as explained here:
- Find a high-quality topical CBD product from a reputable CBD merchant
- Rub a good amount of the product thoroughly over the painful area to aid absorption.
- Repeat the process as often as needed.
Some prefer to inhale CBD-containing liquid in e-cigarettes or vaporizers to get the pain relief they need. It may be slightly more complicated than using a cream, but those who use this method quickly make the sequence below part of their daily routine:
- Remove the vaping cartridge from its packaging.
- Attach the cartridge to the battery by screwing it on securely.
- Test the device to see if it activates.
- Place the mouthpiece between your lips and draw in smoothly.
- Keep multiple batteries on hand for charging some, while using the other.
- Examine the cartridge before each use to see how much liquid is left. When the tank looks empty or it no longer delivers a strong vape cloud, it may need replacing.
Although harsher on the throat and lungs, some may want to use multiple methods of smoking CBD, like with a pipe. In many countries, there are laws against smoking in public places, which could complicate things. Because pain can strike anywhere, these laws could prohibit the person from getting their much-needed CBD though these steps:
- Carefully consider the reputation and licensing of the seller, and only use top products for smoking.
- Should the product be in flower form or not fine enough, use an herb grinder to refine it.
- Loosely pack the newly ground CBD into the pipe bowl.
- Ignite the grounds with a lighter and slowly inhale the emanating smoke from the mouthpiece.
Edible products, including CBD gummies, teas, and baked goods, could be the method of choice for many. On the other hand, a more popular method of ingesting CBD is to drop the oil directly into the mouth in this way:
- Shake the bottle well.
- Read the instructions to find the correct dose.
- Use the bottle dropper to drop the exact amount onto the tongue and swallow.
One method could also work well for one person, whereas the next wouldn’t have the same impression. In addition, personal norms or values could make a person lean more toward one method than the others.
More importantly, should there be any negative side effects from any of these methods, immediately contact a medical professional for assistance.
Pain can affect various parts of a person’s body and quality of life. After discussing the unique circumstances with a medical professional, decide whether adding CBD for pain relief is the best route. After all, continued research shows potential benefits for those struggling to relieve painful conditions, so why not try it yourself?